ASU Choir Performs At Hermitage Monastery
If you enjoy supporting the arts here is a chance to catch the ASU Choir.
The ASU Chamber Singers will present a concert of Spanish choral music at the Mt. Carmel Hermitage monastery this Friday, Oct. 26 at 7:00 p.m. Featured selections include Navidad Nuestra by Argentine composer Ariel Ramirez, three Spanish Renaissance carols, and two neo-romantic compositions by renowned cellist Pablo Casáls. Classical guitarist Jesse Ramirez and percussionist Jim Bode will accompany the singers, along with Michael Yenny on harpsichord. Come enjoy the romance of Spain and serenity of the Hermitage this Friday evening at 7:00. The free concert will be followed by a reception given by the Carmelite monks.
For more information, call the ASU Dept. of Art & Music at 942-2085.
Directions to the Hermitage from San Angelo
- Take US-277 south towards Eldorado
- Past the Tres Amigos convenience store and gas station in Christoval
- Turn right on Allen Ln., the 3rd street on the right past Tres Amigos.
- Continue for approximately 1.5 miles
- Look for the Hermitage entrance on the left with the street sign "St. Joseph's Way."
- Stay on the paved road until you arrive at the main entrance.