Five Random Facts for Monday
It's Monday. So to get you through the day, here are 5 random facts found randomly on the Internet.
1. American cheese was invented by a Canadian guy. James Kraft was born in Canada in 1874, moved to Chicago in 1903, and created American cheese in 1916.
2. Iowa has the fewest official state items, like state bird, state flower, or state drink . . . they've only got eight. Massachusetts has the most . . . they've got 44.
3. WWE WrestleMania was almost called the Colossal Tussle. That was the name Vince McMahon came up with back in 1985. (WrestleMania 31 was last night.)
4. There's only one person who's ever won a Nobel Prize AND an Oscar. George Bernard Shaw won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1925 and the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay in 1938 . . . both for "Pygmalion".
Al Gore ALMOST won both . . . he got the Nobel Prize, but the Oscar for "An Inconvenient Truth" went to the director, Davis Guggenheim.
5. America tried to buy Greenland back in 1946, and offered Denmark $100 million . . . but got turned down.