Five Random Facts for Thursday
We're almost there to Easter weekend! Good Friday is tomorrow. Here are 5 random facts found randomly on the Internet to get your through Thursday (although for most of us, it already is Friday).
1. There are only three countries in the world where your boss is more likely to be a woman than a man: Jamaica, Colombia, and St. Lucia.
2. "Looney Tunes" cartoons were originally created by Warner Brothers as a way to showcase new music. Obviously the cartoons themselves became much more popular.
3. The "red phone" that's a direct connection from the Pentagon to Russia has never been red OR a phone. It was originally a teletype machine . . . then a fax machine . . . and now it's an email account.
4. 'N Sync made a cameo in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones". George Lucas's daughter loved them, so he put them in the background of a scene . . . but they were cut out of the final version.
5. The idea for tin foil hats came from a short science fiction story called "The Tissue-Culture King" in 1927. The main character uses a hat made out of foil to block people from reading his mind.