Five Random Facts for Wednesday
It's 'Hump Day'. Here we are half way to the weekend once again in the Concho Valley. Here are five random facts found randomly on the Internet to get you through this Wednesday and into Thursday.
1. You CANNOT actually see the Great Wall of China from space.
2. Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally cast as the Predator in "Predator" . . . but quit when he got to the set and found out the suit would hide his face AND he wouldn't get to show off his sweet martial arts moves.
3. Bulls don't charge at a matador's cape because it's red . . . they're color blind. They charge because of the way the cape moves.
4. "Jekyll" in "The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" is supposed to be pronounced "jee-kul" . . . like it rhymes with "fecal." That's according to Robert Louis Stevenson, who wrote the story.
5. Grover Cleveland's first name is actually Stephen . . . Grover was his middle name.