Healthy Summer Meals for All Kids in San Angelo, Carlsbad, Water Valley, and Grape Creek
The Texas Hunger Initiative – San Angelo Regional Office and San Angelo ISD (SAISD) are collaborating with a diverse group of partners to host an event promoting the Free Summer Meals program for kids and teens in the area. The “Keep Summer Going” event will help connect more area kids and teens to health and nutrition resources by raising awareness about the free SAISD Summer Meals program that will be serving meals through July 24.
In addition to SAISD meals, the Texas Hunger Initiative Child Hunger Outreach Specialist, through generous funding from the Walmart Foundation, is coordinating meals for its privately funded program, Kids Eat FREE, and will serve free lunch July 6- August 21.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers free summer meals to all kids and teens ages 18 and younger at various school sites during July.
Summertime should be a stress-free time for parents and kids, full of food, friends and fun. Free Summer Meals can help. Families can visit www.summerfood.org, call 211, or text FOODTX to 877-877 to find the nearest meal site. Here are all the locations for this summer's meal programs:
- Austin Elementary School Cafeteria: 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM (through July 24th).
- Fort Concho Officers Quarters 8: 11:30AM - 12:30PM (through August 7th)
- Reagan Elementary: Breakfast 7:30AM - 8:30AM, Lunch 11:00AM - 12:45PM
- YMCA Downtown: Breakfast 9AM - 9:30AM
- Northside Boys & Girls Club: Breakfast from 9AM - 9:30AM
- Gospel Ministries to Children, 1410 Garfield: Lunch 11:30AM - 12:30PM (through Aug. 14)
- St. Margaret Catholic Church, 2619 Era Avenue: Lunch 11:30AM - 12:30PM (through Aug. 14th)
- Calvary Baptist Church, 2401 Armstrong: Lunch 12PM - 1PM (through Aug. 21st)
- Lakeview Baptist Church, 306 E. 39th: Lunch 11:30AM - 1PM (through Aug. 21st)
- Immanuel Baptist Church, 90 E. 14th: Lunch 12PM - 1PM (through Aug. 21st)
- River Baptist Church, 718 W. Ave Y: Lunch 12PM - 1PM (through Aug. 14th)
- River Pointe Apartments Community Room, 1173 Benedict Drive: 12PM - 1PM (through Aug. 14th)
Carlsbad - Water Valley:
- St.Therese Catholic Church Hall, 1117 Beaumont,Carlsbad, Lunch 11AM - 12PM (through Aug. 14th).
- Church of Pentecost, 8361 Hwy 87, Lunch 12-1 (through August 14th).
Meals are free to children and teens ages 18 and younger who come to a Summer Meals site. Food served follows USDA nutrition guidelines and is paid for by the USDA. Parents don’t need to apply to the program to get a free summer meal for their kids. For more information, call 211 or visit texashunger.org.