Grand Theft Auto V Delayed: What We Know So Far
Grand Theft Auto V, initially scheduled to hit shelves in Spring 2013, has been pushed back to September 17, 2013. The news comes from the official Rockstar games website.
Here is what else we know:
- Rockstar games knows this release is four months later than originally planned but "it will be worth the extra time."
- Rockstar admitted in the press release that Grand Theft Auto V is a complex game that "needs a little more polish."
- Rockstar hopes fans will accept their apologies regarding the GTA V push back.
- Take-Two Interactive, the parent company to Rockstar Games, is trading lower on the stock market according to Forbes because of the news.
- This isn't the first push back for the game that was originally scheduled to hit in March 2013
- Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire and Red Dead Redemption were all May releases as well and all were huge games for the publisher.
- There are still strong rumors that a PC version of the game will be released.