New Music From Willie Nelson and His Boys
Willie Nelson is getting ready to release 'Willie Nelson and the Boys' on Oct. 20th, 2017.
This release is the follow-up to the first volume in the Willie’s Stash series which featured Willie’s Sister Bobbie in 2014 called 'December Day'. Willie Nelson and the Boys is the second family collaboration, this time showcasing Willie and sons, Lukas Nelson and Micah Nelson, performing country music standards and classics. Below you will find the song list. You will see that a number of them are Hank Williams songs.
1. Move It On Over (Hank Williams Sr.) 2.Mind Your Own Business (Hank Williams Sr.)
3. Healing Hands Of Time (Willie Nelson)
4. Can I Sleep In Your Arms (Hank Cochran)
5. Send Me The Pillow You Dream On (Hank Locklin)
6. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams Sr.)
7. I'm Movin' On (Hank Snow)
8. Your Cheatin' Heart (Hank Williams Sr.)
9. My Tears Fall (Alyssa Miller)
10. Cold, Cold Heart (Hank Williams Sr.)
11. Mansion On The Hill (Hank Williams Sr. and Fred Rose)
12. Why Don't You Love Me (Hank Williams Sr.)
Musicians on the album include Willie Nelson (vocals, guitar), Lukas Nelson (vocals, electric guitar, resonator guitar), Micah Nelson (vocals), along with numerous other extremely talented artist.
Willie says...'The album is kinda like the country version of 'Stardust', where you have all these great songs and standards that the young people have never heard, then all of a sudden you have a whole new audience out there.'
Lukas Nelson was born in Austin and raised in Maui, Hawaii. He joined his Dad's band at 13, touring as rhythm guitarist. He then moved to Los Angeles and launched his own ensemble, Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real in 2008 which served as Neil Young's back-up group on "The Monsanto Years" album and subsequent tour.
Micah Nelson has performed with a variety of artists at events including having worked with Neil Young. He is currently the singer/songwriter/guitarist in his future-folk project 'Particle Kid'.
This is Nelson's 10th release since signing to Legacy Recordings in 2012. His last Legacy album, "God's Problem Child," was released on April 28, which went to number one.