San Angelo City Early Voting Is Underway
Early voting in the May 11 election to fill six of the San Angelo City Council’s seven seats will be from April 29 to May 7.
Early ballots can be cast from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. April 29 through May 3 or from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. May 6-7 at any one of five locations:
- Edd B. Keyes Building, 113 W. Beauregard Ave., second floor.
- River Place Apartments, 501 S. Irene St.
- Victory Christian Center, 1620 Sunset Drive.
- Assembly of God Church, 1442 Edmund Blvd.
- Plaza del Sol Apartments, 4359 Oak Grove Blvd.
Early voting and election day polling locations are also available on the City’s website at cosatx.us/elections.
On May 11, voters will elect a mayor and Council members in Single Member Districts 2, 4 and 6 to serve full, two-year terms. Voters in SMDs 1 and 5 will elect a representative to fill an unexpired one-year term.
Candidates for each office in the order they appear on the ballot are:
- Mayor – Kendall Hirschfeld, Dwain Morrison, Paul Alexander.
- SMD 1 – Trinidad Aguirre Jr., Bill Richardson, Robert Banskter Sr., Rodney Fleming.
- SMD 2 – Jim Turner, Marty Self, Joseph Grimes.
- SMD 4 – Sally Frances Ayana, Don Vardeman.
- SMD 5 – Barbara Pratt, H.R. “Winkie” Wardlaw III, David McBride, Barry Gambrell.
- SMD 6 – Don Barnhart, Charlotte Farmer, Anita Guy.Voters can access a map of the City Council districts at cosatx.us/elections.
Registered voters who wish to receive a ballot by mail must complete an application to have a ballot mailed to them. To obtain an application, voters may call the Tom Green County Election Office at (325) 659-6541 or go to votetomgreencounty.org and click on the “Ballot by Mail Request Form.”