San Angelo Police Department Employee Awards + National Police Week 2015
With all the mayhem that is happening in the world, much of it centering around police officers, it is even more important now to recognize the men and women who serve their community and citizens with respect, dignity, and fairness. Each and every day they, without fail, respond to emergencies around the city, at times risking life and limb for the well being of others. So, to recognize the hard work and dedication of everyone involved in keeping San Angelo safe, the San Angelo Police Department does something pretty awesome.
Every year in May, the department honors their employees and volunteers who best exemplify the spirit of public service and outstanding service to the organization during the past year. Aside from thirteen awards categories, the Chief’s Special Awards are given to those who, because of their extra effort or participation, have made the mission of the San Angelo Police Department more attainable.
In early spring, employees are invited to nominate fellow co-workers for consideration in each respective category. After the nomination deadline, the Department’s Meritorious Conduct Board meets to discuss the nominees before selecting the winners, which you can put a face to the name here.
- Patrol Supervisor of the Year: Sergeant Matthew Vaughn
- Patrol Officer of the Year: Officer Keith Lane
- Rookie of the Year: Officer Charles Flores
- Investigative Supervisor of the Year: Sergeant Doug Thomas
- Investigator of the Year: Detective Lynn Dye
- Support Services Supervisor of the Year: Records Supervisor, Charla Medley
- Support Services Officer of the Year: Officer Dave Olson
- Civilian Employee of the Year: IT Systems Analyst, John Welch
- Communications Officer of the Year: Eric Bryan
- Community Service Award: Detective Irma Rodriguez
- Reserve/Retiree Officer of the Year: Officer John Palmer
- Volunteer of the Year: Police Chaplain Scott Cotton
- Overall Officer of the Year: Criminal Investigations Division Sergeant, Doug Thomas
- Chief’s Special Awards: Records Clerk, Jo Bascom and IT Network Administrator, James Gore
- V.I.P.S. Member Ernest Cano in recognition for 20 years and over 3,000 hours volunteering.