San Angelo Runoff Elections on Saturday
Voters will go to the polls in a runoff election this Saturday, June 15, to fill three of the San Angelo City Council’s seven seats.
Polls will be open from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. at the following locations:
- Precincts 114, 137, 144 – Belmore Baptist Church’s Fellowship Hall, 1214 S. Bell St.
- Precincts 106, 107, 124, 146 – Baptist Memorial Hospital’s chapel, 902 N. Main St.
- Precincts 228, 230 – Southgate Church of Christ, 528 Country Club Road.
- Precincts 215, 241 – Texas Department of Transportation’s Building E, 4502 Knickerbocker Road.
- Precincts 304, 306, 348 – Lakeview Bible Church, 4825 Grape Creek Road.
- Precincts 305, 308, 319, 327, 351 – Angelo Bible Church, 3506 Sherwood Way.
- Precincts 402, 420, 421, 424 – Plaza del Sol Apartments, 4359 Oak Grove Blvd.
- Precincts 401, 434, 435, 436 – MHMR Services, 1501 W. Beauregard Ave.
Election day polling locations are also available on the City’s website at www.cosatx.us/elections, as is a map of the City Council districts.
All registered voters are eligible to vote, even if they did not cast a ballot in the May 11 election.
During early voting, 4,003 voters cast ballots. Approximately 161 mailed-in ballots have also been received. The number of registered voters eligible to cast ballots in the election is 49,009.
Voters will elect a mayor and Council members in Single Member Districts 1 and 5. The winner of the mayoral race will serve a two-year term, while the new SMD 1 and 5 representatives will fill unexpired one-year terms.
Candidates for each office in the order they appear on the ballot are:
- Mayor – Kendall Hirschfeld and Dwain Morrison.
- SMD 1 – Rodney Fleming and Trinidad Aguirre Jr.
- SMD 5 – David McBride and H.R. “Winkie” Wardlaw III.
The votes will be canvassed and winners sworn into office in a special meeting of the City Council on June 25.
Information courtesy of the City of San Angelo Public Information Office.