Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles On Top
Moviegoers shelled out a lot of cash to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
The latest film based on the heroes in a half-shell opened in first place over the weekend, earning an estimated 65 million dollars. Its stars include Megan Fox and Will Arnett.
It's already been announced that a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel is planned for June, 2016.
Last week's box office champ, the Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy, fell to second place raising 41.5 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Rentrak:
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, $65 million.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy, $41.5 million.
3. Into the Storm, $18 million.
4. The Hundred-Foot Journey, $11.1 million.
5. Lucy, $9.3 million.
6. Step Up All In, $6.5 million.
7. Hercules, $5.7 million.
8. Get On Up, $5 million.
9. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, $4.4 million.
10. Planes: Fire & Rescue, $2.4 million.