Tips For Winter Preparedness With Your Home
As cold weather sets in here in early December a few reminders of things to check at your home.
With temperatures finally dipping down below the freezing point this week its time to make sure your home is ready for the winter time. Here are some things that you might want to check or have checked by a professional before the cold weather takes a toll on you.
1. Wrap All Outside Faucets and Pipes With Insulation
2. Move Plants Inside Out of Weather
3. Make Sure Outside Pets Have Shelter and Adequate Heat
4. Have Your Heating System Tuned Up
5. Check Windows and Doors For Leaks
6. Check Roofs For Missing Shingles and Damage
7. Fill Up Heating Fuels If Necessary (Propane, LP Gas Ect)
8. Stock Up On Ice For Sidewalks (Not saying snow is in the forecast but if you wait until you need it the store may be out of stock)
9. Reverse Your Ceiling Fans
10. Drain Your Sprinkler System For Your Yard
These ten helpful hints will hopefully have you and your home ready for the winter that has just now started to show up and could be here to stay.