Things I’ve Learned About Texas Since I Moved Here
I moved to the great state of Texas in March of this year and in that time I have not seen much due to COVID.
BUT, I certainly am learning a lot of interesting things about the state in my short time here.
- Texas is the second largest state landwise, next to Alaska. BUT it is also the second most populous next to California. I was certain New York was second.
- My favorite beverage, Dr Pepper was invented here in 1885.
- Apparently putting peanuts in Dr Pepper is a thing...
- Six Flags is named after the 6 countries that have ruled over Texas. Those countries are Spain, France, Mexico, the Republic of Texas, the United States, and the Confederate States of America.
- Texas Highways are FAST. I'm used to a 65 mph speed limit. Here it's like 80.
- If Texas were its own country, it would be the 40th largest in land area. With an area of 268,820 sq. mi.
- Texas would have the 10th largest economy in the world if it were its own country
- Texas is larger than every European country.
- Washington-on-the-Brazos, Harrisburg, Galveston, Velasco, Columbia, and Houston once served as the state Capital until 1839 when it was decided Austin would be the permanent capital.
- Texas has more counties (254) than any other state in the U.S.
- Athens, Texas claims to be the birthplace of the hamburger.
There are the ones that i've learned and or looked up.
Have a good day
Don't forget to download our free app. It's free. Hence the term, free app.