5 Crazy Things Less Expensive Than Gasoline in San Angelo
Gas prices are outrageous. They have come down a little to an average around $4.24 a gallon in San Angelo and Abilene. Economists predict even more turmoil to come in gasoline prices. The government is talking about removing the federal gas tax temporarily to give some relief. How much relief? It's only 18.4 cents a gallon. I've seen prices rise more than that in an afternoon.
It's always interesting to hear our grand parents and great grand parents talk about gasoline being only 29 cents a gallon in the "good ole days". Yet, in those days, 29 cents had almost as much spending power as $4 does today.
So, with the high price of gasoline, what is less expensive now? Here are five ridiculous things cheaper than a gallon of gas in San Angelo?
1) Sonic: Realmenuprices.com says a large chili cheese fries is only $3.49. Everything on the Kid's Menu and all the drinks are less than a gallon of gas. Your choice of the Ultimate Meat and Cheese Breakfast Burrito or the Supersonic Breakfast Burrito is just $3.89
2) Starbucks: Venti sized Caffe Lattes are just $4.15 A Cool Lime or Very Berry Starbucks Refresher is only $3.95. Even the Venti sized Teavana Lemonades are all pretty much less than a gallon of gas.
3) A Gallon of Milk In Texas you can do your body a lot of good with a gallon of milk for an average of $3.48
4) Stripes According to the Stripes website you can two 28oz size of Replenish for just $3. Two 28oz size Gatorades are just $4. They offered 8 boneless wings for $4. Laredo Taco Company has many offers for less than the price of gas.
5) McDonalds According to realmenuprices.com, you can get a Quarter Pounder or Filet of Fish Extra Value meal for less than the current price of a gallon of gas. Even the Mighty Happy Meal and most of the McCafe items are less. Only a few of the Breakfast meals are more.
Even at this price, gasoline is a bargain compared to some other liquids. For example, according to lenpenzo.com, Coca Cola is still more expensive than gas, based on the price of a 12 pack it's $5.129 a gallon. In some parts of the country it's already less expensive than gas and heading that way for us all. Budweiser is still 13.289 a gallon. Redbull is $30.639 a gallon. Jack Daniels is 84.449 a gallon.
So what are your favorite items that are less than a gallon of gas? Feel free to leave your comments.