Preparing Your House For A New Pet
Pet adoptions are on the rise during quarantine. Which is an awesome thing, dogs and cats finding their new home is an amazing experience for any family.
But, taking on a pet is not just getting the animal and bringing it home, you need to prepare your home for your new pet. So the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) released some tips on preparing your home.
- Make sure the pet has a bed in every room.
- Hide decorative rugs until your pet is housebroken.
- Research the houseplants you have to make sure they are not poisonous to the animals.
They also have a list of tips if you're bringing home a dog specifically:
- Use crates and gates to keep your new dog enclosed until you can trust them alone in your home.
- Have many chew toys available to prevent your dog from chewing furniture.
When it comes to cats they recommend:
- Remove hanging blinds.
- Provide a variety of scratching posts.
- Install high-quality metal screens on all windows.
Finally, if anyone knows where I can get a corgi, I would appreciate it.