For Sunburn Relief, Here Are 5 Great Home Remedies
We all know that we should protect our skin from getting sunburned by applying sunscreen, wearing protective clothing, Limiting our time in the sun, and more. Sometimes however, we get a sunburn. Now what?....
For those times, there are several sunburn home remedies out there to help ease the pain and speed up the healing process. Here are five of the best (and easiest) ones that you may want to try.
1. Cold Milk..... Saturate a washcloth in milk. Put the washcloth on your sunburn and gently press it on your skin. You don’t want to rub your skin with it as that could cause further irritation. Make sure the milk stays cold.
2. Vinegar.....Vinegar helps to heal and relieve inflammation and itching from a sunburn. Just put pure apple cider vinegar into a spray bottle and lightly coat your skin with it or lightly dab vinegar on the sunburned area. You can also soak in a cool bath with two or three cups of vinegar added to the water.
3. Witch Hazel..... Witch hazel has a component called tannins in it which helps with swelling and healing. Simply apply the witch hazel (which is available at your local drug store) to your sunburn with cotton balls. You should feel instant relief.
4. Aloe Vera.....You can always by 100% aloe from the store, but if you have an aloe plant at home, extract the gel and chill it for about 30 minutes. You can then apply it to your skin which will give you a cooling sensation.
5. Black tea.....Black tea is packed with antioxidants, and tea has tannins just like witch hazel. Black tea is said to “aid in restoring the skin’s pH balance.” Simply brew a few teabags and then cool it to room temperature. Soak a cloth in the tea and dab the sunburnt skin. Let it dry and then apply as needed. Green tea also has loads of healing qualities as well so you can use the same treatment but with green tea.
It's easy to get a sunburn with our West Texas sun and heat, but at least you now have some great ideas to get relief!