River Stage to Host July 3rd Fireworks and Concert
Fourth of July weekend is this weekend and there will be fireworks and a concert on Saturday, July 3rd at the Bill Aylor Memorial River Stage.
Even though the July 3rd San Angelo Symphony's Pops Concert has been canceled, "A Star-Spangled Banner Concert & Fireworks" presented by Downtown San Angelo will take its place. The concert will get underway with music at 6:30 on the 3rd and will be followed by fireworks.
The music lineup includes a performance by the United States Air Force Band.
- San Angelo Community Band
- Mariachi Alma Mexicana
- West Texas Jazz Orchestra
- Air Force Band of the West from Lackland Air Force Base
Following the fireworks, the Fleetwood Mac tribute band Forever Mac will perform with dancing going on all the way until midnight.
Gates at the River Stage open at noon. The event is free and open to the general public.
And if you are looking for even more fireworks on the Fourth of July weekend, the Lake Nasworthy Homeowners Association will hold their fireworks show the very next night on Sunday, July 4th.
Here are a few things to keep in mind if you plan on enjoying fireworks in San Angelo:
* Personal Fireworks are not allowed in city limits (which includes Lake Nasworthy)
* Dogs and Fireworks don't mix well - Please secure pets inside during the show.
* Alcohol and Fireworks may mix well but be safe and have a designated driver.
* Please take your trash with you.
So, are you ready for the Fourth of July weekend? Are you going to see both fireworks shows? Let us know on Facebook or chat with us on our station app.